It’s true. Although inflammation is actually part of the body’s natural healing mechanism, it can get out of control and cause more problems than it solves. So, what are the signs of inflammation in the body?
Do you suffer from any of the following issues?
- Skin rashes and redness
- Muscle or joint soreness
- Abdominal pain and bloating
- Chest pain
- Vague and ongoing symptoms of fatigue that aren’t explained by lack of sleep
- Mouth sores, like canker or flaring cold sores
- Foggy memory
If so, you may be experiencing the outward symptoms of chronic inflammation. It can cause symptoms that are hard to diagnose, unless your medical practitioner and health care provider is willing to take a holistic, whole body approach. That means reviewing your lifestyle, considering allergies and other issues, and reviewing environmental factors. It can also mean taking a look at your emotional health, as ongoing stress can actually cause inflammation.
Really! Here are some of the other causes of inflammation:
- Long-term exposure to irritants, such as mold or toxins
- An undiagnosed, low-level infection that your body is having trouble fighting off
- Allergies and intolerances
- A poor diet
- Use of tobacco, excessive consumption of alcohol
- Issues maintaining a healthy weight
- Lack of sleep
- Excessive, ongoing emotional issues
So, how do you treat chronic inflammation? The answer will be unique to each individual. You’ll want to consult with a qualified health care provider and have a complete review of your lifestyle, habits, and health to come up with a strategy for treatment and to promote healing.
You’ll want to make sure to find a health care provider that’s open to reviewing all holistic factors, to make sure you don’t miss underlying issues.
Does that sound like something that might make sense for you? If you’re ready to try a holistic, integrative approach to health please don’t hesitate to reach reach out to us. Visit us online to learn more and feel free to reach out with any questions.